Rooney returns to Everton from Manchester United
England and Manchester United's record goalscorer completed a move back to his first club Everton on Sunday, the player told the Press Association in a statement.
Back to his roots
England and Manchester United's record goalscorer Wayne Rooney completed a move back to his first club Everton on Sunday, the player told the Press Association in a statement.
More playing time
The 31-year-old - who had become a peripheral figure under Jose Mourinho last season - signed a two year contract with Everton bringing the curtain down on 13 trophy-laden years at Manchester United.
'It is some time since I said that the only Premier League club I would play for other than Manchester United was Everton, so I am delighted that the move has happened,' he said in the statement.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades