Rooney returns to Everton from Manchester United
England and Manchester United's record goalscorer completed a move back to his first club Everton on Sunday, the player told the Press Association in a statement.
Back to his roots
England and Manchester United's record goalscorer Wayne Rooney completed a move back to his first club Everton on Sunday, the player told the Press Association in a statement.
More playing time
The 31-year-old - who had become a peripheral figure under Jose Mourinho last season - signed a two year contract with Everton bringing the curtain down on 13 trophy-laden years at Manchester United.
'It is some time since I said that the only Premier League club I would play for other than Manchester United was Everton, so I am delighted that the move has happened,' he said in the statement.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?