Unai Emery tries to convince Mbappé to sign for PSG
L'Equipe revealed that Emery took part in negotiations involving the players representatives in order to convince him of a move back to Paris amidst Real Madrid continued interest.
Paris Saint Germain have started to pile the pressure on in their pursuit of Kylian Mbappé, according to French daily L'Equipe. According to the newspaper's information, Mbappé's agents and the Parisian club held negotiations again with Unai Emery involved this time to make it a far more intimate process than it just being a matter of agents and the club's hierarchy.
Mbappé, as planned, rejoined his Monaco teammates on Monday with his other international sidekicks but his future remains unresolved. Real Madrid continue to wait and remain enamoured with his ability but the French attacker remains pensive over such a big move so soon in his career.
PSG, however, remain close to Monaco and want to be involved in any deal for the player. They are keen to bring the young man from Paris as part of their project with Emery speaking before about how special it would be for French football and the club to have one of their own remain in the league and come back to the city. Monaco, for their part, are keen to sell to a foreign club, if they can.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston