Danilo: Chelsea reportedly closing in on Real Madrid man
The media outlet UOL Esporte says that the Premier League champions are nearing a 31-million-euro deal for Real Madrid's Brazilian right-back.
Premier League winners Chelsea are closing in on a deal to sign Real Madrid defender Danilo, according to a report in the player's native Brazil.
Juventus had appeared to be leading the chase for the right-back, but UOL Esporte now claims that the Blues have moved ahead of the Serie A champions.
31m-euro transfer fee for Danilo anticipated
The media outlet says Chelsea and Real are expected to agree a 31m-euro fee for the 25-year-old, who joined Real for 31.5m in 2015 and has made 56 appearances for Los Merengues, scoring three goals.
Danilo was among the travelling party that left for Real's pre-season tour of the United States on Tuesday, and - in spite of his status as understudy to Dani Carvajal - had been considering staying at the Madrid club.
Zidane doesn't want Danilo to leave
And with Real involved in six competitions in a busy 2017/18, boss Zinedine Zidane is not keen to lose the ex-Porto man, whose professionalism he values.
However, Chelsea's advances appear to have finally convinced Danilo to leave the LaLiga and Champions League holders, reveals UOL Esporte.
The publication adds that Danilo's representatives are due to arrive in Europe in the coming days to push through his summer switch to West London.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'