Benfica: Nelson Semedo move to Barcelona not complete
The Portuguese club released a statement saying the right-back's transfer to Barça had not been finalised.
Nelson Semedo is not yet a Barcelona player, Benfica would like to point out. The Portuguese club, who still hold his rights, have issued a statement on their website about the status of the right-back's potential transfer to Barça. The Catalan club have announced the deal is done.
Benfica are in talks with Barcelona
Benfica say they have indeed started conversations with Barcelona to discuss selling Nelson Semedo, but that the talks are not yet complete. In their statement Benfica say the player is allowed to take a medical with Barcelona.
Full text of Benfica's statement
The Sport Lisboa e Benfica – Futebol, SAD informs, under the terms and for the purpose of article 248 of the Securities Code, that is currently negotiating with Fútbol Club Barcelona the rights’ transfer of the athlete Nélson Cabral Semedo.
It is further informed that the athlete has permission to complete the medical check-ups, under the orientation of Fútbol Club Barcelona.
Sport Lisboa e Benfica – Futebol, SAD
Lisbon, July 14th 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?