The same tactics that Barcelona employed for the services of their Brazilian star when he was a Santos player in South America are now being used against the Catalans by another financial heavyweight in the world of football, Paris Saint-Germain.
Barça use father to lure Neymar from Madrid
When the Spanish giants were determined to bring the talented frontman to Europe they controversially paid 40 million euros to Neymar's father, a man described as 'a bum that will lead him down a bad path' by investment company DIS. The initial part of this was described as a loan however led to the court case where this was deemed not correct. Later it was called a salary to the father but it has been described by many as a simple bribe to ensure that the player chose Barcelona over Madrid, who had completed his medical and were on the verge of signing him to play in white. Both Spanish sides had agreed to meet the Santos buy-out clause.
PSG showing financial muscle
Barça have clearly set an exceptionally high buy-out for one member of their famous trident but in the crazy world of football finances, PSG believe they are able to manage this outlay. It then becomes a choice for the player, and his father, whether to make the move or not. With Neymar senior visiting Paris in recent weeks, the suggestion is that the same situation that proved to work in Barça's favour just a few years ago is working against them this time.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game