Real Madrid fans want another striker after Morata departure
The results from the as.com survey are in and the Madridistas have spoken: they want a replacement brought in to the Bernabéu for Álvaro Morata.
The Real Madrid supporters saw their club's young striker Álvaro Morata sold to Premier League champions Chelsea and they are calling for a replacement to be brought in.
Madrid fans want new striker
According to the results of the survey held by as.com, 72.3% of respondents said "yes" to the question: "Should Real Madrid sign a striker following Morata's departure?" The other 27.6% of fans appear to believe that with Karim Benzema, Borja Mayoral and a transformed number nine in Cristiano Ronaldo, along with the attacking midfield options, that no reinforcements are required.
That's almost three quarters of the 17,000 opinions given looking for a new frontman and given much of the talk over the past few months, Monaco's Kylian Mbappé is likely to top the list of preferred options. Many will look at the near 140 million euros recouped so far in this summer's transfer window (including the accepted move of Danilo to Manchester City which Zidane has confirmed) and wonder if it's all a staged process for one big-money move.
Zidane talks "missing striker"
In his pre-season press conference on Saturday, Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane also stated that Madrid were missing a striker following the departure of the player he signed from Juventus just a year earlier. Although many have taken this to mean that this is a sign that the club has intentions to bring in a replacement, it could just be a statement of fact.
To paraphrase Zidane's other line from his meeting with the media, anything can happen between now and the 31 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August