Zaha: Man United, Liverpool fans calling me "black monkey"
Crystal Palace and Ivory Coast star Wilfried Zaha has hit out at supporters of the two clubs over apparent racist abuse on social media.
Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha on Saturday accused Manchester United and Liverpool supporters of aiming racist messages at him on social media.
Ivory Coast international Zaha, who featured for Palace against Liverpool in this week's Premier League Asia Trophy in Hong Kong, said that he has been branded a "black monkey" by followers of the two Premier League clubs.
Zaha: "Feel free to carry on it is makes your day better"
In an Instagram post, the 24-year-old wrote: "If Man United and Liverpool fans feel better by calling me a black monkey in my messages .. feel free to carry on if it makes your day better."
Zaha was signed by United from Palace in 2013 but, after loans back at the Eagles either side of a spell at Cardiff City, he returned to Selhurst Park two years ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades