Monchi wants Lucas Vázquez at Roma if he can't get Mahrez
Rafa Benítez is also keen to take the Real Madrid winger to the Premier League with Newcastle United. For the moment, the player is trying to impress Zidane.
Roma's inability to sign Leicester's Riyad Mahrez may cause the Serie A side to turn to Lucas Vázquez.
Roma could turn to Vázquez
Italian Sky Sports journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Monchi, Roma's sporting director, does not want a prolonged pursuit of Mahrez, and will look to Madrid's winger as an alternative option.
The emergence of Marco Asensio could limit Vázquez' game time next season, and Zidane would be open to his departure.
Newcastle also interested
There is also interest in the Spaniard from the Premier League. Rafa Benítez would be keen to take him to Newcastle.
For the time being, Vázquez is busting a gut in pre-season in an attempt to show Zinedine Zidane his worth. Yet he is not ruling out a move to a club that could offer him a starting position, a distant hope at Real Madrid.
Recommended in English
- BOXING Fury tells Whyte to "step up and take beating" as fight talks go on
- NFL New York Giants sticking with Jones, rule out Watson move
- NFC Chiefs injury report: Tyrann Mathieu in concussion protocol
- NFL NFL free agency 2022: the five best available quarterbacks
- NFL An Eagle no more: Brandon Brooks retires
- NFL Kwesi Adofo-Mensah all set to be named Vikings GM