AS Roma have shelved their attempt to lure Riyad Mahrez to the Eternal City in the face of strong resistance from Leicester City to the Italian club’s overtures and have set their sights instead on Real Madrid’s Lucas Vázquez as an alternative, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Roma to test Real's resolve on Vázquez
The Italian daily reports that Roma sporting director Monchi is planning a 35-million-euro bid to test Real’s resolve over the Galician winger, who has become a key member of Zinedine Zidane’s squad but not a regular starter under the Frenchman with the BBC and Marco Asensio ahead of the 26-year-old in the pecking order at the Bernabéu.
Monchi is also considering other options should his move for Vázquez not bear fruit. Barça forward Munir El Haddadi is admired by the Serie A club but a bid for the Spain international is likely to fall on deaf ears at Camp Nou after the departure of Neymar. Samu Castillejo is another player Roma coach Eusebio Di Francesco would like to add to his squad but the Stadio Olimpico board are unsure whether a move for the Villarreal winger is the right fit due to his age and inexperience.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth