Casemiro, Asensio and Mboula up for UEFA's Goal of the Year
The Brazilian's howitzer against Napoli in the Champions League and Asensio's unstoppable striker against Macedonia with Spain's Under-21s among the nominees.
Real Madrid and Barcelona are represented in UEFA's Goal of the Year for the 2016/17 season. Casemiro and Marco Asensio feature among the seven candidates who scored the best or most eye-catching goals of last year, as does former Barça man Jordi Mboula.
Seven nominees for UEFA's Goal of the Season
The list has been drawn up by experts from UEFA's Technical Observers and UEFA.com reporters and users can see videos of all of the nominees and vote for their favourite from now until the deadline on 29 August. Casemiro's blistering volley against Napoli in the Champions League Last 16 will be competing withthe other entries, including Asensio's unstoppable long-range drive straight into the top corner for Spain's Under-21s against Macedonia in June.
Providing competition for the two madridistas is Jordi Mboula's hypnotic, now-you-see-me-now-you-don't wonder-goal in the UEFA Youth League against Borussia Dortmund from February. Also in the running are Italy's Daniela Sabatino, Kevin Friesenbichler's tasty volley against Astra Giurgiu, Moussa Sow's overhead-kick for Fenerbahçe against Feyenoord and Mario Mandzukic's against Madrid in the final in Cardiff.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes