Dembélé: Barça step up talks, deal could be official on Friday
It is being reported that Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund have agreed a fee for Ousmane Dembélé as the LaLiga giants look to replace Neymar.
Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund have stepped up talks over winger Ousmane Dembélé, with a deal for the France international reported to be close to completion.
Dembélé fee of 120 million plus 30 million in add-ons agreed - report
Barça have been pursuing Dembélé as they seek to replace Neymar, who left for Paris Saint-Germain in a world-record, 222-million-euro move earlier this month.
Dortmund chief Watzke: Dembélé deal not done
Speaking to Sky at Thursday's Champions League draw in Monaco, Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke denied that such an agreement had been sealed.
However, BILD claims that it will be Watzke who confirms Dembélé's transfer to Barcelona in a 12:00 CEST press conference on Friday.
If the switch goes through, it will make Dembéle the second-most expensive footballer of all time behind Neymar, and would see Barça secure the services of an attacker who they were close to buying for just 12 million euros 12 months ago.
In his time in the Bundesliga, Dembélé has made 50 appearances, scored 10 goals and supplied 22 assists, winning the 2016/17 German Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?