Dembélé: Barça step up talks, deal could be official on Friday
It is being reported that Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund have agreed a fee for Ousmane Dembélé as the LaLiga giants look to replace Neymar.
Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund have stepped up talks over winger Ousmane Dembélé, with a deal for the France international reported to be close to completion.
Dembélé fee of 120 million plus 30 million in add-ons agreed - report
Barça have been pursuing Dembélé as they seek to replace Neymar, who left for Paris Saint-Germain in a world-record, 222-million-euro move earlier this month.
Dortmund chief Watzke: Dembélé deal not done
Speaking to Sky at Thursday's Champions League draw in Monaco, Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke denied that such an agreement had been sealed.
However, BILD claims that it will be Watzke who confirms Dembélé's transfer to Barcelona in a 12:00 CEST press conference on Friday.
If the switch goes through, it will make Dembéle the second-most expensive footballer of all time behind Neymar, and would see Barça secure the services of an attacker who they were close to buying for just 12 million euros 12 months ago.
In his time in the Bundesliga, Dembélé has made 50 appearances, scored 10 goals and supplied 22 assists, winning the 2016/17 German Cup.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?