Lucas Vázquez called up by Spain to replace injured Vitolo
Vitolo pulled the medial collateral ligament in his knee during Sunday's training session with Las Palmas. He will leave the Spain camp tonight
Vitolo has been forced to quit the national team's base in Las Rozas this evening after suffering a knee injury. The midfielder, who is on loan at Las Palmas, pulled the medial collateral ligament in his knee during Sunday's training session and after discussing the problem with Spain's medical staff and undergoing an MRI scan at Madrid's Sanitas-La Moraleja Clinic, it was felt that it would be better for him to return home to recover. Real Madrid's Lucas Vázquez has been drafted in as his replacement.
Lucas Vázquez drafted to replace Vitolo
With Lucas Vázquez, Spain coach Julen Lopetegui now has six Real Madrid players in his 26-man squad (Váquez, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Asensio, Nacho and Carvajal) for the upcoming games against Italy and Liechtenstein.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?