Lucas Vázquez trains with Spain squad
The Real Madrid winger was one of the biggest stories in la Roja's preparations for their upcoming World Cup qualifier against Italy.
For the first time, Julen Lopetegui had a full 26-man squad at his disposal in the Las Rozas training complex ahead of Spain's crunch tie on Saturday against Italy in the Santiago Bernabéu.
Back in the fold
Lucas Vázquez, who received his call-up on Monday evening when Vitolo was forced to pull out after picking up an injury in Las Palmas' Sunday training session, was the story of Tuesday's training session. The Real Madrid winger currently has three caps playing for the national side and get another bit at the cherry against Italy and Liechtenstein in this World Cup year.
Elsewhere, the surprise return of David Villa after two years away from the national team set-up continues to grab the headlines, and Spain's all-time record scorer will speak to the press, along with Marc Bartra, after the training session.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59