Bad news for Real Madrid and for Zidane - Karim Benzema hobbled out of this afternoon's meeting with Levante after just 24 minutes with a hamstring injury. He suffered the mishap after miscontrolling the ball inside the visitors' box and pulled up after overstretching to win it back. Benzema was seen having his right leg seen to by Madrid's medical staff on the touchlines Madrid, before gesturing that he was unable to continue.
With Cristiano still out suspended and Borja Mayoral excluded for tactical decision, Gareth Bale was rushed on to occupy the centre-forward position.
Benzema out for four to six weeks
After the match Real Madrid in a statement said that Benzema would be out for four to six weeks which would mean he will sit out the league games against Real Sociedad, Betis, Alavés and Espanyol as well as the Champions League games at home against APOEL and away to Borussia Dortmund. He would also miss France's final two 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Bulgaria and Belarus.
Against Real Sociedad then ZIdane will be missing both Cristiano Ronaldo, who is still suspended, and Benzema. A call-up for Mayoral beckons.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series