Nàstic sack Lluís Carreras - after five games in charge
Getting knocked out of the Copa del Rey in the second round and picking up one point from 12 was enough for the Tarragona board.
Gimnàstic de Tarragona have made Lluís Carreras the first managerial casualty of the 2017-18 season in Spain top two divisions, sacking the former Barcelona and Atlético Madrid full back after just five games in charge.
Nàstic were knocked out of the Copa del Rey at the first hurdle by Lugo and have picked up just one point in four games in Segunda División, leading the Nàstic board to take the decision to part company with Carreras with immediate effect. Last season the Catalan side narrowly avoided the drop into Segunda B after a disastrous start to the season under Vicente Moreno, who didn’t oversee a victory until week 13 of 2016-17.
Cádiz defeat the final straw
Nàstic were beaten 2-0 by Cádiz on Saturday and Carreras was informed of the decision immediately on returning to Tarragona. The board felt that his changes in personnel and formation were behind the team’s poor performances this season and cancelled the two-year contract he signed in July.
Antonio Rodríguez Saravia, ‘Rodri’, who was in charge at Nàstic’s feeder club Pobla de Mafumet, has taken temporary charge of the side, who are bottom of Segunda having scored just one goal so far this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series