Marcelo's appeal successful and has suspension reduced to one game
The Brazilian will not be able to play on Sunday against Real Sociedad but will be back next Wednesday when Real Madrid play Real Betis in LaLiga.
The good news for Marcelo keeps rolling in. After renewing his contract with Real Madrid until 2022, he has now had his suspension reduced to just one game for his sending off against Levante. he was initially given a two-game ban for a kick on Lerma but the competition comittee deemed that the "kick in the back with the ball not in the vicinity to kick" was not a reflection of what happened and turned the suspension in his favour.
According to the appeal, a crucial fact was left out. The situation saw Marcelo and Lerma roll on the ground and this is what precedeed the "kick". For that reason, the appeal committee reduced the ban to the minimum. Marcelo has been banned due to a risk he took that might have created danger for an opponent but it was reduced due to the fact that nothing dangerous happened and no injuries.
Marcelo will not be able to play against Real Sociedad on Sunday but will be back next Wednesday against Real Betis.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash