Benzema involved in minor collision near Madrid airport
The incident occurred late on Friday night with both drivers passing a traffic police preliminary roadside alcohol breath test.
Karim Benzema was involved in a minor car collision on Friday night close to the Spanish capital's Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport. The Real Madrid striker's car (an Audi RS6) collided with a Nissan Note on the M-13 motorway (close to Paracuellos del Jarama) with the incident occurring just before 19:00 CEST.
Spanish traffic police were called to scene to ascertain the damage suffered by both vehicles as an ambulance crew checked the physical condition of both drivers and confirmed that neither individuals of the implicated vehicles displayed any physical injuries. The traffic police then proceeded to carry out a preliminary roadside alcohol breath test which proved negative for both the French striker and the driver of the Nissan.
Benzema is currently undergoing rehabilitation after suffering a hamstring injury on September 9th in the home game against Levante and is hoping to to resume light training at Valdebebas next week.
This is the latest installment in a series of road side incidents that the Lyon born player has been involved in since moving to Madrid. In 2009 he collided with a fence at the residential Urbanización de La Finca. Just days later whilst on holidays on Reunion island a Lamborghini crashed after swerving to avoid a Porsche which the Madrid striker was driving at the time in an apparent 'race'. Benzema has also been fined for speeding on the island of Ibiza and in Madrid where he was caught travelling at 200 Km/h on the M-40 motorway.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped