Torres spoke with Morata ahead of his summer move to Chelsea
Torres offered counsel to Morata and said he was "just a phone call away" but says it was not necessary when you see how easily the player has settled at the London club.
Fernando Torres offered Alvaro Morata advice prior to his move to Chelsea during the summer. El Niño offered various words of wisdom and explained to him the ctructure of the London club and how it worked. Torres spent four years at Stamford Bridge before returning to Atletico Madrid with a loan spell at AC Milan sandwiched in between.
"I talked with him before his move to Chelsea and I told him that I was just a phone call away if he needed advice. Looking at how he has done, it wasn't necessary. He is playing well and scoring goals. Chelsea have themselves one of the best strikers in Europe. I am sure that he will win titles there," said Torres ahead of the game against Chelsea at the Wanda in the Champions League on Wednesday night.
"Game against Chelsea are not easy, the reason being that they are the Champions of England. They are contenders for the title again and the team from England seem very strong this year and many of the teams have high-quality players," he continued.
Te recomendamos en English
- Kane not at Spurs training? English media would have helicopters out if Pogba tried that – Ferdinand
- OLYMPIC GAMES | LONG JUMP Tokyo 2021: Upset Echevarria after long jump silver due to injury, US avoid first-time basketball shock
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Belarusian sprinter who refused to leave Tokyo is now "safe"
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER How many Olympic medals did Mia Hamm win?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles will return for Team USA for balance beam final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Rapinoe admits USA "didn't have that juice" after shock Canada defeat