Lopetegui left with a headache as Morata goes off with apparent hamstring injury
The Spanish striker was withdrawn against Manchester City in the Premier League clash as the international break looms.
Álvaro Morata went off injured in the 34th minute of the Premier League game between Chelsea and Manchester City at Stamford Bridge with what appeared to be a hamstring injury. The Spanish striker grabbed the back of his left leg as he explained to the team's trainers what the issue was.
Julen Lopetegui is now faced with a problem heading into Spain's two important World Cup qualifying games against Albania and Israel. The 24-year-old had been called up to Lopetegui's most recent squad but could miss out even if it's the most minor of hamstring tears.
The Spanish manager must now decide between Sergio León, Gerard Moreno, Mariano and Suso. He might also opt for a false nine as he did against Italy with the likes of David Silva and Isco floating between the lines.
Morata had started the season with great excitement having scored seven goals in eight games between the Premier League and the Champions League. The international break might be coming at a good time for Chelsea but it leaves Lopetegui with a problem in the upcoming games.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong