Lacazette wants to convince Griezmann to sign for Arsenal
The two French players are very good friends and the Arsenal striker is intent on convincing his mate to join him at the Emirates.
Antoine Griezmann convinced Alexandre Lacazette to sign for Atletico Madrid before the transfer ban prevented the move from going ahead and now Lacazette wants to convince his compatriot to sign for Arsenal.
The Atlético Madrid attacker was on the brink of a move to Manchester United in the summer before the same transfer ban that ended Lacazette's chances of wearing rojiblanco ended Griezmann's hopes of becoming a red devil. He said it would be a "dirty move" to leave the club that signed him from Real Sociedad and turned him into a bonafide superstar given the fact that they would be unable to replace him.
Lacazette, who is enjoying a good start to life in London said to Match of the Day magazine, "Our nicknames for each other are Griezzy and Lacaz. If Griezzy visits me in London, I'm going to ask him to sign for Arsenal!"
After seeing his release clause rise to €200 million for one summer only, before returning to the more reasonable €100 million when the transfer window shut, there is expected to be a run at Griezmann by several Premier League clubs next summer. He has a contract with the club until 2022 but when you consider how close he was to joing United in the summer, he might be tempted to jump ship next summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries