Seydou Doumbia out for two months after injuring himself
The Ivory Coast international and Sporting Lisbon striker injured himself while trying to win his side a penalty during a Champions League clash with Barcelona.
It has been confirmed that Seydou Doumbia, 31, will be off two months after injuring himself diving trying to win a penalty during a Champions League match.
The striker will miss the Ivory Coast’s final two World Cup qualifiers against Mali and Morocco.
Ivory Coast’s coach, Marc Wilmonts, confirmed Doumbia has a torn tendon.
An injury in the worst way possible
During last week’s Champions League Sporting Lisbon’s match against Barcelona, Doumbia attempted to fool the referee by diving and arguing that Piqué clipped his ankles inside the penalty box. The ref did not buy it and punished the Ivorian with a yellow card. And to make matters worse for the player he injured himself during the dive, having to be taken off two minutes after the incident.
In the recent months, several Ivorian players have missed out due to injuries.
Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha, Toulouse’s Max Gradel, Goztepe’s Adama Traoré, Nice’s Jean Seri and China Fortune’s Gervinho have all had to withdraw with injuries at a crucial moment on Ivory Coast’s road to Russia. Now Seydou Doumbia is the latest addition to this tragic Ivorian list.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series