Keylor Navas will lead Costa Rica to World Cup 2018
Against Honduras, Keylor could not do anything with the goal, but did produce a prodigious one-handed save. Costa Rica confirmed its ticket to Russia in the dying moments of the penultimate round of matches. A celebration erupted in San José, and there was the Merengues' stopper being given the biggest ovation. When doing the lap of honour, Keylor punched his chest with his fist. It was with a strong feeling of dedication. Just this week his country had been hit by a tropical storm that left 10 people dead and many homeless. For this the game was postponed for a day for the national suffering, and Keylor promised that their efforts would be tripled.
Mixed feelings to see Keylor in Panama
And they achieved it, which saw the return of the barber. The keeper pulled out his machine and shaved the head of coach, Óscar Ramírez, the Deportivo winger, Celso Borges, and defender Johnny Acosta. Promises fulfilled and a group made even closer, with a dream of repeating, or surpassing, what was done in Brazil 2014. This Wednesday the ticos go to Panama to bring it to a close, the presence of Keylor uncertain, the local fans euphoric to see him in their country, but they don't want him to be a part of their chances of going to the World Cup being bittered...
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection