Kun Agüero equals Man City scoring record against Burnley
The Argentine's goal from the penalty spot in the first half of City's Premier League match on Saturday brought him level with Eric Brook.
Sergio Aguero equalled Manchester City's all-time scoring record after netting a penalty in the first half of his side's Premier League home game against Burnley on Saturday.
Legendary status confirmed for Agüero
It was the Argentina striker's 177th goal in City's colours, taking him level with Eric Brook, who played for the club between 1928 and 1939.
Aguero, 29, struck from the spot in the 30th minute at the Etihad Stadium after Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope was adjudged to have fouled Bernardo Silva.
He was making his first start since breaking a rib in a car crash in Amsterdam three weeks ago.
Aguero joined City from Atletico Madrid in 2011 and has contributed to two Premier League title triumphs and two League Cup successes during his time at the club.
He etched his name in City folklore in his first season by scoring the 94th-minute winner against Queens Park Rangers on the final day that saw his side snatch the title from arch rivals Manchester United.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston