Machín on man-marking Ronaldo: "Barca more dependent on Messi than Madrid are on Ronaldo"
Machín says they have the plan, depending on rotations, of making a mark against Real Madrid in the same way as they did on Lionel Messi against Barcelona.
Pablo Machín spoke to the press before Real Madrid's game against Girona in LaLiga on Sunday.
The political situation with Real Madrid visiting Girona: "There was no reason for alarm from a sporting perspective. I have been here for three years and I never saw anything that I had been told about. The Girona fans are very respectful, civic and excited about football in the top flight. For us, it is recognition of our trajectory and it will be a party that one of the best teams in the world are coming. I understand the fans because it disturbed the week for them and we deserve to be speaking about football."
Maffeo following Messi. Will Girona repeat that with Ronaldo? "They are too excellent footballers and two great teams. But there is a greater dependecy on Messi in Barcelona than Cristiano in Madrid. When Messi doesn't score, he assists or starts the play. We were thinking of cancelling out Messi. Real Madrid have more sources from where they can generate goals. We will dedicate ourselves to stopping them in every way."
Isco: "We have to find out if he is starting first because of Zidane's rotations and they have an important game in the Champions League coming up. For now, we have the idea of making a mark like we did with Messi. We have to give special attention to all of them."
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play