Víctor Muñoz: "Neymar would make Real Madrid stronger if he moved"
Víctor Muñoz was speaking at a LaLiga event and praised the work Ernesto Valverde has done given the bad hand he was dealt at the start of his term.
Former Barcelona player Victor Muñoz admits that the loss of Neymar during the summer was "massive" and that the Brazilian, if he chose to go to Real Madrid, "would reinforce the side a lot".
According to Muñoz, Valverde "is doing really well. He is an excellent person and he is showing that as a manager. With the difficulties he had at the start, he has managed to balance the team and is getting the best out of them. Some of the players are not in the best moment, but Messi is and he is resolving some of the more difficult times. Barcelona manage to make the difference and they have been the best up to now."
When asked about the loss of Neymar, Muñoz said, "the loss of Neymar is massive. He is a spectacle by himself and gave that quality to the team."
"Neymar was lost in the defensive side of the game, but in attack, he was spectacular. He is one of the players that the Camp Nou appreciates and needs," he added.
The Brazilian, who is reportedly unhappy at PSG, could be on the move again if those rumours are to be believed. Muñoz says, "Neymar is not at Barcelona anymore and can do what he wants. He would make Real Madrid stronger because he is one of the best in the world."
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich