Savic: "We need Griezmann, he is the difference-maker"
Savic says Atlético are lacking everything right now but need to keep working and also assured everyone of Griezmann's importance.
The Madrid Derby is almost here and both Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid need a win following less than adequate starts to their respective seasons. Stefan Savic is looking to make sure that Atlético's opponents on Saturday continue their relatively poor recent record in front of goal and defends Antoine Griezmann as his side's "best player" despite recent form.
In an interview with EFE, the central defender says, "In LaLiga, we are more of less good because we are right up there but in the Champions League we haven't achieved what we wanted. We have spoken and we will continue working. The only way to move forward is to work."
In relation to Atlético's problems, Savic says, "we are lacking everything. We haven't scored many goals, and we have been conceding headed goals that we usually wouldn't in recent years and that's a little but down to bad luck, but we have to work to improve."
"Everyone says the problem is Griezmann not scoring goals. We are used to seeing Griezmann always scoring goals. I see him very well. He has to be calm because he has the quality to decide games in any moment. I think he has to be calm. We need it, he is our best player, and he makes the difference."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2