Real Madrid confirm Ramos has fractured nose, out for APOEL
Real Madrid player Sergio Ramos has fractured his nose according to the club. The defender was kicked in the face in the 35th minute by Atlético Madrid player Lucas in the Atleti box, as Ramos had a headed attempt on goal.
Ramos substituted at half-time against Atlético Madrid
After being kicked Ramos went down with a profusely bleeding nose. A club doctor stemmed the bleeding, and he played the rest of the first half with plugs in his nostrils, but did not come out for the second half, with Nacho taking his place.
Not only did Real Madrid lose Ramos, according out resident referee, they should have had a penalty for the kick to the head.
Real Madrid confirm broken nose, out for APOEL
The club confirmed in a statement on Sunday that Ramos the centre-half has been diagnosed with a fractured nose. Real Madrid do not speculate about a potential return date, but medical sources consulted by AS state that if Ramos has an operation, he will be out for between two and three weeks.
If the fracture is less severe, the 31-year-old could return sooner with the aid of a protective face mask. That said, he will definitely not travel to Cyprus for the Champions League match on Tuesday against APOEL. Real Madrid are on course to qualify, meaning Zidane is likely to want Ramos to stay at home and recuperate.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22