No Gareth Bale at Real Madrid training despite Zidane saying he would return on Thursday
Zinedine Zidane assured everyone that Gareth Bale would return to training on Thursday with the group but was nowhere to be seen as Real Madrid prepare for Málaga.
A surprise at Real Madrid's first training session as they prepare for Málaga at the weekend as Gareth Bale did not train with his teammates at Valdebebas. Zinedine Zidane announced after the APOEL Nicosia game that Bale would return to collective training along with Keylor Navas and Mateo Kovacic. "What I can say is that the three will train with the team on Thursday," he said after the game.
The Costa Rican and Crotian did indeed train with Kovacic already back with the group for a number of sessions, but the Welshman did not join in with his teammates and has not trained with them since September 26th. Bale does not appear in the shots broadcast by Real Madrid either, with Sergio Ramos and Luca Zidane being pictured as they continue to work on their recovery from injuries. Ramos is seen working alone and without a mask after sustaining a broken nose against Atlético Madrid in the Madrid derby.
Another notable absentee was Marco Asensio, who worked inside. Zidane filled out his squad with Castilla player, Tejero and Franchu, along with youtuh goalkeeper, Moha.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up