Bale could play against Fuenlabrada
Real Madrid striker Gareth Bale is close to being ready to come back into action and took part in full training. He might get to play against Fuenlabrada in the Copa del Rey.
Zidane has refused to be drawn on when Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale could be back in action, but the Welshman has finally returned to full training after an extended spell with the medics and physios and everything points to a return sooner rather than later.
In fact, it's quite possible he'll back in the Copa del Rey against Fuenlabrada on Tuesday night in the Bernabéu (kick-off 21:30). Zidane's side are leading 2-0 from the first leg, and this could be seen as the perfect scenario for Bale to get back into competitive action after his lengthy lay-off, which included a hamstring twang when he was apparently nearly back to full fitness.
Vázquez and Carvajal miss out
Lucas Vázquez and Carvajal however missed out on Real Madrid's first training session to prepare for the match against Fuenlabrada, with both players going through their paces in the gym. Zidane called on Castilla players: Tejero, Quezada, Manu Hernando, Óscar and Seoane, and also the Juvenil A goalkeeper Moha.
Ramos, Asensio and Luca Zidane continue with specific recovery work outs as they recover from their various injuries.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?