Atlético Madrid look to PSG's Meunier as Vrsaljko replacement
Sime Vrsaljko is wanted by Napoli and Atlético Madrid could be forced into the market for a right-back in January as they look to PSG for their solution.
Sime Vrsaljko could be leaving Atlético Madrid in the January transfer window, according to reports as Napoli circle for the disgruntled right-back. This leaves Diego Simeone very thin at the back with just Juanfran to call upon at the position and with PSG looking to bring in funds to balance the books, the two clubs could be in a position to help each other out.
France Football report that Atlético have picked out their replacement for the Croatian in Thomas Meunier from PSG if Vrsaljko does indeed leave the club. The Belgian has been consigned to the bench since Dani Alvés arrived at the club and could be tempted by a move.
PSG might be willing to do a deal for the 26-year-old if it improves relations between the club as they remained enamoured with Jan Oblak. The French side have been informed that the Slovenian is untouchable but if selling Meunier helps to start a channel of dialogue, Meunier might find himself packing his bags.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash