Lautaro Martínez' agent present for Atlético's Copa victory
Roly Zárate was at the Wanda Metropolitano for the win over Elche, with the 20-year-old's move from Racing Club moving closer.
Lautaro Martínez is edging closer to a move from Racing Club to Atlético Madrid.
Martínez' agent allegedly in the Wanda Metropolitano
The Argentine striker's agent, Roly Zárate, was in the stands at the Wanda Metropolitano to watch Atleti progress to the next round of the Copa del Rey with victory over Elche.
Diego Simeone has been a long-term admirer of Martínez, and rumours of a €12 million transfer have been circulating for some time. Simeone finished his playing career at Racing and has managed La Academia - so called for the club's reputation for youth development - on two occasions in 2006 and 2011.
Loan-back deal the most likely outcome
#Racing ATENCIÓN En estos momentos el Roly Zarate se encuentra en el estadio de #AtleticoMadrid (viendo el partido ante Elche). Su idea es cerrar la venta de Lautaro Mártinez en el día de mañana, pero seguría a préstamo en #Racing para jugar la copa. pic.twitter.com/Mx5WGc32YV— Tomas Davila (@DavilaTomi) 29 de noviembre de 2017
Argentine journalist Tomás Dávila tweeted that Roly Zárate was in the Wanda Metropolitano, and added that "his idea is to close the transfer of Lautaro Martínez tomorrow, but that he would continue at Racing on loan in order to play in the cup. A new phase of negotiation has started. Lautaro will stay at Racing, there's no doubt about that. Now, it's very probable that he'll be sold in December."
Borussia Dortmund are also following the Argentina Under-20 international. According to the Bundesliga club's president ten days ago, Martínez "will go to Europe".
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?