Dave saves, again and again... De Gea equals Tim Krul's record
Manchester United's Spanish shot stopper put in a spellbinding performance against Arsenal, equalling Tim Krul's Premier League record.
Manchester United recorded their fourth straight win on Saturday, beating Arsenal 1-3 to move to within five points of Premier League leaders Manchester City who entertain West Ham later this afternoon. David de Gea played a big hand in the triumph, deservedly ending as Man of the Match for his spectacular performance in which only Alexandre Lacazette was able to find a way past him.
Mourinho praises De Gea
De Gea's exhibition left viewers in awe, especially José Mourinho who afterwards admitted that he had never witnessed a goalkeeping display quite like it. "David made some amazing saves. We had two of the world's best goalkeepers on the pitch. Petr has made incredible history in the Premier League and David will make a similar history too", the United boss told BBC Sport.
Premier League goalkeeping record
The Spain international made 14 saves during the game, equalling the Premier League record shared by Tim Krul who made the same number of saves for Newcastle against Tottenham in 2013 and Vito Mannone who did the same for Arsenal against Manchester United.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops