Barcelona's Busquets one yellow card from missing El Clásico
On the stroke of half-time Barça's Sergio Busquets was booked for a late foul on Raba taking his tally to four. A card against Depor means he misses Madrid clash.
Barcelona's Sergio Busquets was shown a yellow card in minute 44 of the Liga match against Villarreal after a late foul on Raba. With this, his tally of cautions rose to four, just one more resulting in a one game suspension.
Risk or rest Busquets decision for Valverde
The next game for Barça is at home to Deportivo la Coruña and if the Spanish midfielder was to pick up a further booking in that game his ban would be the following clash, which happens to be against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu. The first league episode of the biggest game in club football this season takes place on 23 December.
Some may suggest that such an important player to the plans of the new manager Ernesto Valverde could be rested against Depor, ensuring that he is ready to go for the big one. Other though have suggested that no chances should be taken, even against a side only three points off the relegation zone after this weekend's fixtures and who are visiting the Camp Nou.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22