Lautaro Martínez: Valencia have first refusal on Atlético target
Los Che negotiated the clause with Racing Club de Avellaneda in 2016, as part of the deal that took Rodrigo de Paul back to Argentina.
Valencia could be on a collision course with fellow LaLiga club Atlético Madrid over Racing Club de Avellaneda striker Lautaro Martínez, who is a major transfer target for Los Rojiblancos.
Option agreed as part of Rodrigo de Paul loan back to Racing
The 20-year-old has in recent weeks appeared Atlético-bound, but it has now emerged that Valencia have first refusal on the player as part of an agreement signed with Racing in 2016.
Los Che are understood to have included the option on Martínez in the move that took Mestalla flop Rodrigo de Paul, bought from Racing in 2014, back on loan to the Argentinian club.
According to sources close to the deal, Racing must give Valencia the chance to match any offer they receive for the forward until February 2019.
No word from Valencia on whether they're still interested...
Atlético are believed to be in advanced talks over a swoop for Martínez that would see the youngster arrive at the Wanda Metropolitano in the summer.
So far, Valencia have remained silent on whether they would take up their option on the player, whose release clause is currently set at nine million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots