Rance replaces injured Milne in Black Caps squad
Adam Milne is still being troubled by an injury to his left foot and will not face West Indies in the ODIs or Twenty20s.
Seth Rance has replaced the injured Adam Milne in New Zealand's squad for the remainder of the one-day international series and upcoming Twenty20s against West Indies.
Milne missed the Black Caps' five-wicket win in the first 50-over contest due to a damaged left foot and will be given time to recover.
Seamer Rance played his first two ODIs in May and is in contention to face the Windies after getting the nod in the absence of Milne.
Seth slides in early
Selector Gavin Larsen said: "Seth comes into the squad off the back of consistently strong domestic performances. We were already looking at Seth for the upcoming Twenty20 series, so this just brings him into the squad slightly earlier than anticipated.
"Adam has a great work ethic and puts a lot into his fitness, so I certainly feel for him with this injury. It's a long summer and there's a lot of cricket left for Adam to play, so we'll work with him to get him back to full fitness."
New Zealand will attempt to wrap up the three-match ODI series at Hagley Oval on Saturday.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass