Deportivo on standby, waiting for Kiko Casilla's decision
Real Madrid will not stand in the way of the Catalan keeper moving on once the deal with Athletic keeper Kepa is confirmed.
The winter transfer window is just days away with everything pointing to Kepa Arrizabalaga moving to Real Madrid from Athletic and competing with Keylor Navas for the No.1 shirt. The move will prompt current understudy Kiko Casilla to look for a new club with Real Madrid not expected to sand in the Catalan keeper's way.
Casilla has two options, leave now and aim to secure top flight first-team football with another club or remain at the Bernabeu and become the third choice keeper at Madrid. At present Galician side Deportivo la Coruña are in pole position to secure the services of the stopper through to the end of the 2017/18 campaign.
The arrival of Casilla or another goalkeeper at Riazor would signal the departure of Polish keeper Przemysław Tyton with the player anxious to guarantee regular football with the 2018 World Cup looming for the Polish national side.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history