Benzema returns injured from his holidays
The French striker is out for two to three weeks. Real Madrid sources suggest he was injured during the Clásico. His absence is a major surprise.
Mystery surrounds Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. The French striker has come back from his holidays injured, with a hamstring niggle in his right leg.
Benzema: injured during the Clásico, apparently
Real Madrid sources suggest he picked up the problem during the Clásico, but he appeared to show no sign of discomfort during the game, and when he was substituted in the 65th minute it was because Carvajal had been sent off, not because of an injury.
Benzema in fine fettle
What's more, Benzema headed off after the Clásico to Dubai, and the footage of him in the airport suggests he was in perfect health.
Real Madrid's medical report, which doesn't specify the extent of the injury, only increases the doubts about the real situation. What is clear is that his absence from Real Madrid's first training session after the Christmas break has taken everyone by surprise.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands