Adrien Silva finally completes Leicester City transfer
The Portugal international was on the bench for the Premier League club on New Year's day four months after signing at the King Power Stadium.
Leicester City have confirmed the signing of Adrien Silva from Sporting CP, four months on from failing to get his deadline-day switch ratified.
Sporting announced the £22million sale of the Portugal midfielder had been agreed, but FIFA excelled themselves by rejecting Leicester's application to register Silva after they reportedly missed the deadline by 14 seconds.
Attempts to appeal the decision were unsuccessful, leaving Silva to train alongside his new team-mates without the prospect of playing.
Silva "positive" despite transfer fiasco
"Of course I had to stay positive. In our job, when you have a period like this it's very up and down," the 28-year-old told Leicester's official website.
"You have to keep a positive mentality and that's what I've tried to do. I keep my mind focused on my job and what I love to do.
"My team-mates have been great for me and keep pushing to keep my mentality up. They have been very important for me. I see a great future in front of us."
The Euro 2016 winner started three league games for Sporting this season before the transfer saga and also helped them to book a place in the group stage of the Champions League with a play-off win over Steaua Bucharest.
Since arriving in Leicester, Silva has seen the manager who signed him – Craig Shakespeare – sacked and replaced by Claude Puel.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?