Schalke issue stern reprimand for Bayern's Goretzka courtship
Bayern Munich have openly courted Germany international Leon Goretzka this week, leaving Schalke's sporting director Christian Heidel fuming.
Schalke's sporting director Christian Heidel has reacted angrily after Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed Bayern Munich's interest in Leon Goretzka.
Goretzka's Schalke contract is due to expire at the end of the season and he has been heavily linked with a move to the Bundesliga champions.
The 22-year-old announced himself as a force to be reckoned with when he helped to power a young Germany team to Confederations Cup success in the off-season.
Bayern admiration for Goretzka unpopular at Schalke
And while Schalke may well prove unable to prevent the dynamic young midfielder from leaving the Veltins-Arena, Heidel has bristled at Bayern's sporting director openly courting the star.
Salihamidzic's remarks came in the same week that Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes praised the emerging star.
"Bayern say Leon is a player of Schalke, but talk more about a player of Schalke than about their own [players]," he was quoted as saying by Bild.
"As a result, [the transfer rumours are] fuelled again and again. We do not have to hear every day from the people of Munich how good the player is."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?