Torino part company with Mihajlovic after Juventus loss
The former AC Milan, Sampdoria and Fiorentina coach has been removed from his job at Torino with his side in 10th and 23 points adrift of Napoli.
Sinisa Mihajlovic has been sacked by Torino after Wednesday's Coppa Italia loss to rivals Juventus compounded a poor run of league form.
Torino had won just one of their last eight Serie A matches, leaving them 10th in the table, before succumbing 2-0 to Juve.
Former Fiorentina, Sampdoria and AC Milan coach Mihajlovic took charge in May 2016 and led Torino to a ninth-place finish last season.
Torino thank Mihajlovic for commitment
"The Torino Football Club announces that it has relieved Sinisa Mihajlovic from the position of coach of the first team," a statement on the Torino website read.
"Sinisa and his staff are thanked for the commitment and the passion shown in these 18 months in maroon."
Torino host Bologna when Serie A resumes after the mid-season break this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"