Woods to make PGA Tour return at Torrey Pines
Tiger Woods' first official event of the 2018 PGA Tour season will come at the location of his last major win, Torrey Pines.
Tiger Woods has announced he will make his return to the PGA Tour by playing the Farmers Insurance Open this month and the Genesis Open in February.
The 14-time major champion has been plagued by back injuries in recent years and made his latest comeback after a 10-month lay-off at the Hero World Challenge December, where he briefly led before eventually placing tied ninth.
Woods recently spoke of his hope of playing a full schedule in 2018 and he will start his quest to do so at the familiar venue of Torrey Pines.
It is the course where Woods secured his last major win at the 2008 U.S. Open, and the Farmers Insurance Open - the last official Tour event Woods featured in a year ago - is a tournament the American has won seven times.
That competition takes place from January 25-28, and Woods will then switch his focus to the Genesis Open in Los Angeles.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win