Bakambu: "This is an opportunity that's going to change my life"
The Congolese striker told AS he is "both happy and sad" ahead of a €40m move to Beijing Guoan of the Chinese Super League.
Cedric Bakambu spoke to AS from Villarreal’s training ground after saying goodbye to his team-mates. The striker assured that his €40 million transfer to Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan is close to completion.
Transfer to Beijing Guoan: “It’s all closed, almost everything has been done. Now I’m waiting for the two clubs to resolve things and that’ll be it.”
Everything can change in football: “Things change really quickly, but I’ve had this offer for a while and I didn’t want to say anything to anyone. I’m both happy and sad at the same time, a bit of both. But this is the life of a footballer.”
Opportunity in China: “This is an opportunity that’s going to change my life, I know it. But it’s not easy to make a decision. I’ve spoken a lot with my family and in the end we took this decision, I think it’s for the best.”
A happy spell at Villarreal: “I’ve enjoyed my time at Villarreal, I’ve had two good years at the club and I want to thank everyone. I’m sad to leave now, but that’s the way it is.”
The fans: “The people at Villarreal have been affectionate towards me, they’ve always been with me and I love them too. That’s why I wanted to say goodbye to them.”
Memories: “Playing with Bacca, with Soldado, with loads of my team-mates, it’s a great opportunity. I’ve enjoyed myself a lot, by best memory is the home match against Liverpool.”
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich