Atlético: Inter Milan reportedly keen on Gaitán-João Mário swap
The Serie A side are also believed to be weighing up offering the Portugal international to Sevilla, in exchange for Franco Vázquez.
It's no longer only Premier League club Southampton who are chasing the services of Atlético Madrid attacker Nicolás Gaitán, says a report by Sky Sports, who claim that Inter Milan have joined the Saints in the race for the Argentina cap.
Inter's João Mário for Atlético's Gaitán?
According to the media outlet, Inter have offered Atlético a swap deal: Gaitán for Portugal international winger João Mário. Nerazzurri coach Luciano Spalletti is said to have given the green light to the departure of the 24-year-old, who is struggling to hold down a regular first-team place at the San Siro.
Sevilla's Vázquez also linked with Mário swap
What's more, Sky Sports add that Inter have prepared a back-up swap involving another LaLiga club. Were talks with Atlético over a Gaitán-Mário exchange not to reach fruition, the Serie A giants are reportedly ready to offer the former Sporting CP man to Sevilla, in return for Franco 'Mudo' Vázquez.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?