Sevilla new boy Arana: "I'd like to be like Roberto Carlos"
The former Corinthians left back was unveiled at the Sánchez Pizjuán on Friday and said he hopes he can emulate his compatriot's achievements in LaLiga.
Sevilla’s new signing, Brazil under-20 international left back Guilherme Arana, was unveiled at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán on Friday as the first import under the fledgling reign of Vincenzo Montella.
“I’m very happy to arrive at this club,” said the 20-year-old, who cost Sevilla 11 million euros from Corinthians. “I was excited when the offer came in from Sevilla and with the help of my family we made the decision to come here.”
Roberto Carlos Arana's reference point
Arana was quick to praise his compatriot and former Real Madrid defender Roberto Carlos, who he described as his role model. “He was always a reference point for me, ever since I was a kid and I watched Brazil on the television. I have always admired him and he is a player I would like to try and emulate.”
Despite not playing since the end of the 2017 Brasileiro season in December, Arana said he was in goos shape and ready to make his debut as soon as possible. “I am at the coach’s service. I’ve been working hard since the holidays and I was training during them as well. I’m ready for when the boss decides needs my help on the pitch.”
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash