Barcelona: Yerry Mina steps out barefoot during unveiling
Before taking to the Camp Nou pitch, Mina paused to take of his socks and boots - a move that is part of a superstition held by the defender.
New Barcelona signing Yerry Mina raised eyebrows by taking to the Camp Nou pitch barefoot during his official unveiling as a Blaugrana player.
Mina was paraded in front of the Barça fans on Saturday after joining the LaLiga giants on a five-and-a-half-year deal from Brazilian club Palmeiras.
Superstitious Mina takes boots and socks off
As he made his way out onto the field after pulling on the famous Barcelona kit for the first time, the Colombian defender stopped at the touchline to remove his boots and socks, before raising his hands towards the sky.
The unusual move is part of a superstition held by the 23-year-old, whose first contact with a new playing surface must always be with bare feet.
He explained: "There's a saying in my country: 'Touch the ground you want to conquer with the sole of your feet'. I always do it, and I hope to be a success here."
Te recomendamos en English
- Kane not at Spurs training? English media would have helicopters out if Pogba tried that – Ferdinand
- OLYMPIC GAMES | LONG JUMP Tokyo 2021: Upset Echevarria after long jump silver due to injury, US avoid first-time basketball shock
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Belarusian sprinter who refused to leave Tokyo is now "safe"
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER How many Olympic medals did Mia Hamm win?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles will return for Team USA for balance beam final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Rapinoe admits USA "didn't have that juice" after shock Canada defeat