Cristiano wants to leave Real Madrid with the player feeling betrayed by unfulfilled promises by Florentino Perez to renew his deal at the LaLiga club. His priority is to orchestrate a move back to Old Trafford with Manchester United where he spent six years before his transfer to the Spanish capital in 2009. The decision by the Portuguese striker is apparently made with the player stating as much to other squad members.
Those close to the striker maintain that "Cristiano is in the doldrums as he feels that he has been tricked”. After winning the Champions League title in Cardiff with goals from CR7 being instrumental in the win, Cristiano was told by Florentino that an improved contract (his current deal expires in 2021) was a matter of time. That enhancement has failed to materialise despite the player stating in public on numerous times that his intention is to remain with Real Madrid with the last declaration coming after winning the 2017 Club World Cup in Japan where the striker stated: “I'd like to retire at Real Madrid but that doesn't depend on me as I'm not the person in charge at the club”. These messages in public have failed to have the desired effect in pushing through the renewal with both Mbappé and now Neymar being targeted as new possible future first choice forwards.
Despite being the club's record goal-scorer the player has never maintained a close personal relationship with Perez and this has hampered negotiations over the years with the player always conscious of the fact that he was a Ramón Calderón signing.
Cristiano, not top earner
Despite winning three of the past four available Ballon d'Or awards the Madeira born player is the fifth best paid in the world with his 21 million euro annual salary being eclipsed by big earners Neymar Jr. and his 36 million euro per year at PSG and top earner Messi who now picks up a pay-packet of 50 million euro per season with FC Barcelona after his recent contract renovation.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...