Bakambu: Villarreal ace to finally complete Beijing Guoan move
Cédric Bakambu is to join Beijing Guoan after the Chinese Super League club paid the 26-year-old's Villarreal buy-out clause.
Cédric Bakambu's move to Beijing Guoan is set to finally go through after Villarreal confirmed on Wednesday that the DR Congo striker's 37-million-euro buy-out clause has been paid by the Chinese Super League club.
"Villarreal CF confirms that Cédric Bakambu has terminated his contract and no longer belongs to the Yellow club," the LaLiga side said in a statement.
"The club would like to thank Cédric for his dedication and professionalism and wish him the best of luck in his football career."
Bakambu move to CSL in place since early January
Bakambu's departure for China had been announced by Villarreal coach Javi Calleja two weeks ago, shortly after the opening of the January transfer window.
Meanwhile, the player himself, who passed a medical and signed a contract with Beijing Guoan ten days ago, had also confirmed that he would be leaving the Estadio de la Cerámica.
Leaves Villarreal after successful three-year spell
Bakambu, 26, goes to the CSL having scored 45 goals in 105 appearances in his three years at Villarreal, who he joined for 7.5m euros from Turkish club Bursaspor.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds