Ramos, Isco and Benzema start for Real Madrid in Copa del Rey
Sergio Ramos returns and starts for Real Madrid along with Isco and Karim Benzema as los Blancos' Plan B gets a facelift.
Sergio Ramos returns for injury against Leganés on Wednesday night and started for Las Blancos on his retuen. Isco along with Benzema also start as Zinedine Zidane's side look to seal their place in the semi-final of the Copa del Rey after their 1-0 win at Butarque last week.
The central defender was absent from the Clásico with an injury but is back to bolster Zidane's defensive options and Karim Benzema, who hurt himself during the game against Barcelona and has not started a game in 2018 leads the line after coming on at the Santiago Bernabeu during Madrid's 7-1 win over Deportivo la Coruña at the weekend. He has only played five full games this season and has not scored since November, which he will try to fix in the second leg at the Bernabéu on Wednesday night.
Isco, who was on the bench against Depor but did not come on, also starts. The creative midfielder was an undisputed starter during the earlier parts of the season but has slipped down the pecking order with the return of Gareth Bale. He will play in place of Dani Ceballos, who is suffering from a knee injury. Isco has only started two of the last eight games and didn't see a second of action against Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United