Cristiano Ronaldo motivating cry to Real Madrid teammates
The Real Madrid striker took to social media sending a message of support after the Copa del Rey exit for the Bernabeu side last night at the hands of Leganés.
Cristiano Ronaldo failed to play a single minute in this season's Copa del Rey competition being rested by first-team coach Zinedine Zidane.
Madrid exited the competition following a surprise 1-2 defeat which saw Leganés qualify for the semi-final via the away goals rule. This comes with Real Madrid languishing 19 points behind FC Barcelona in LaLiga as the club now move their focus to the Last 16 stage of the 2017/18 Champions League with the tie against PSG instrumental in determining the future of the French coach at the club.
Ánimo equipo. Ánimo madridistas. Aún nos quedan muchas batallas por ganar. pic.twitter.com/xkbCAMYmpk— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) 25 de enero de 2018
After the backlash and frustration being vented by the supporters, Cristiano Ronaldo took it upon himself to launch his own personal message of support via his Twitter account to the squad and Madrid fans. “Ánimo equipo. Ánimo Madridistas. Aún nos quedan muchas batallas por ganar” (Head-up team, head-up Madrid fans. There are still plenty of battles left to be won).
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22