Llorente: Deportivo, Newcastle chasing Real Madrid man
Midfielder Marcos Llorente has struggled for game time at Real Madrid this season, and has a host of suitors eyeing his services on loan.
Deportivo La Coruña and Newcastle United are leading the chase to take Marcos Llorente on loan from Real Madrid until the end of the season.
Llorente a fringe figure at Real Madrid this season
The Real youth product has been among the least-used players in Zinedine Zidane's squad this term, making just eight starts in all competitions - chiefly in the Copa del Rey - and featuring for only 237 minutes so far in LaLiga.
Club chiefs are thought to be keen for the defensive midfielder, 23, to gain regular first-team football elsewhere during the second half of the campaign, but both player and coach are said to be less enthusiastic about a January move.
Betis and Alavés also eyeing midfielder
Real Betis and Deportivo Alavés, where Llorente enjoyed a successful year-long spell last season, are also interested. Indeed, Betis sought a loan deal for the Spain Under-21 international in the summer, as part of the transfer that took Dani Ceballos in the other direction.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant